Novice is for players aged 9 and 10 yrs old born from 01/01/2009 through 12/31/2010.
The Novice season is set up as follows:
2019 Evaluations for Novice will take place between March 17th and the beginning of April 2019
- Novice teams are created in â€˜likeâ€™ skill groupings called Development 1, 2 & 3.
- All Home games and Practices will play out of one of our home arenas in Airdrie, Crossfield and Cochrane. Away games will be played in Calgary.
- Novice players typically play games twice a week throughout the season between Monday and Thursday with the occasional Saturday.
- Game days have yet to be determined for the 2019 Novice Boys season.
- Novice teams can expect to practice each week as well.
- Most Novice teams participate in tournaments throughout the season, tournament participation is determined by each team.
- The Novice season goes from April until the end of June, with the city playoffs and Provincial competition going into the beginning of July.
- Novice players require full gear. What Equipment is Needed?
- Regular box rules apply
- Play with the 30-second clock
- Playoffs are played to determine city champions.
Teams play in a league and league statistics are kept to determine playoff positions. Playoffs are played to determine city champions.